EcoBot IV - Miniaturisation and Multiplication
Small scale Microbial Fuel Cells (MFCs) and Stacks for improved power generation and practical implementation.
EPSRC grant no: EP/H019480/1
- Fabricating smaller scale units and examining the effects of miniaturisation.
- Introducing different materials as electrodes, membranes and various chamber parts.
- Developing and constructing a test rig, which allows continuous monitoring (fluidic and electrical) of MFC units within a stack.
- Compare and contrast different configurations and connections when operated across a wide range of conditions such as substrates of different concentration or flow rates.
- Provide a better understanding in pairing the power requirements of various electronic applications (robotic or non-robotic) with the power generated by MFC stacks.
Expected Outcome or Outcome / Project Goal
- Development and construction of a test rig, capable of controlling the fluidic and electrical setup of individual MFCs to other units.
- Dr Ioannis
Tel: +44 (0) 117 32 86318
Tel: +44 (0) 117 32 86322
PhD researcher in Microbial Fuel Cells & Robotics
Intelligent BioEnergy Group
Bristol Robotics Laboratory
University of the West of England
Bristol, BS16 1QY
Tel: +44 (0) 117 328 6350