Waste and wastewater clean-up using Microbial Fuel Cells
EPSRC Grant Number: EP-I004653/1
- Better understanding of the anode side.
- Enhancement of anode performance.
- Development of power-packs for low power applications.
- To investigate whether optimally selected mixtures of species can utilise a wide variety of feedstock and/or a specific target substrate.
- To increase treatment efficiency and power generation.
- To reduce size of individual MFCs and develop stack systems consisting of multi-MFCs.
Expected Outcome or Outcome / Project Goal
- MFC scale-up and development of power-packs for practical applications.
- Prof. Ioannis
Tel: +44 (0) 117 32 86318
Tel: +44 (0) 117 32 86322
PhD student in MFC
Bristol BioEnergy Centre
Bristol Robotics Laboratory
University of the West of England
Bristol, BS16 1QY
Tel: +44 (0) 117 328 6350