- To bring advanced robotics and automation from laboratory into the real world applications
The group will pursue objectives that lead to the following when considering automated systems:
- Affordability – value for money, it is commercially justifiable to acquire and operate.
- Reliability – operate at an acceptable level of performance, will meet its functional requirements and will have sufficient redundancy to allow graceful degradation of service.
- Friendliness – user interactions are simple, the user does not need extensive education and training to make use of the device and the robot and humans can co-exists in the same physical space without the need for extensive guarding.
- Robustness – handle uncertainty in physical dimension, forces, locations and other environmental variables etc.
- Flexibility – can do more than one job – is not limited to one type of product or task but can easily switch between tasks and products of similar nature.
Key Enabling Technologies
- Materials of construction
- Machine elements
The approach adopted will concentrate on integration of the above technologies.
Tel: +44 (0) 117 32 82861
Sponsors and Collaborators